National Statistical Institute
The main objective for NSS development for the 2013 – 2017 period is to improve the development, production and dissemination of quality statistical information about all user groups according to their information needs.
The official statistical information – product of NSS – is intended for analyses and scientific studies, planning, prognosis and making managerial decisions at micro and macro level. The statistical information products and services are directed to the:
- Bodies of state administration and local authorities;
- Business sector and non-government organizations;
- Scientific and academic society;
- Mass media;
- EC, UN, IMF and other international organizations;
- Individual citizens.
The vision of NSS development implies observance of the UN Fundamental Principles of Official Statistics and the principles laid down in the European Statistics Code of Practice. The following principles play a leading role in the system‘s activity for the 2013–2017 period:
- Professional independence;
- Impartiality and objectivity;
- Commitment for high quality;
- Strictly observing the statistical confidentiality;
- Adequacy of resources;
- Cost effectiveness;
- Active cooperation and coordination within NSS and ESS.