Union of Bulgarian Black Sea Local Authorities
UBBSLA coordinates the activities of its member in the sphere of local government, energy efficiency, tourism, culture, transport, environmental and sustainable development. The Association organizes the efforts of its member-municipalities in solving common problems in the Black Sea region.
SERVICES PROVIDED TO THE UBBSLA MEMBER MUNICIPALITIES
- Conferences and international events. UBBSLA has significant experience in the organization and implementation of conferences, discussion forums, campaigns and seminars of regional, national and international level;
- Cross-border and interregional cooperation. UBBSLA conducts cross-border activities oriented to the establishment of open civil society, exchange of successful social development practices, encouraging the citizen participation in the process of economic, political, social and cultural dialogue. Representatives from twinned towns from the Republic of North Macedonia, Turkey and Greece and Hungary met with their Bulgarian partners and shared their experience in cross-border cooperation;
- Technical assistance. UBBSLA provides technical support and assistance to member municipalities for solving specific problems arising in the municipalities and dissemination of good practice they gained in local self-government;
- Information campaigns. UBBSLA supports all public activities of its member municipalities to spread their successful practices and generate official information for the self-government development in the Black Sea region. UBBSLA prepares, prints and distributes leaflets, brochures, guidebooks, and a monthly Newsletter to all member municipalities;
- Project management and implementation. UBBSLA undertakes the whole project cycle – identification, development and planning, and then implementation, monitoring and evaluation as a whole mandate or as individual consultancy services;
- Innovative practices in the field of professional training and education. UBBSLA provides trainings as direct response to the specific professional needs and problems of the municipal servants and enhances the professional initiative and opportunities for professional development, supporting the national policy for life-long education. Since 2003 , UBBSLA has established Center for Education and Training to improve knowledge and skills of municipal officials, councilors, NGO representatives, etc.
In 2005, UBBSLA is certified to provide services under the ISO 9001:2000 standard for quality management.
Since 2009, UBBSLA is a supporting structure of the European initiative "Covenant of Mayors" to achieve common goals in energy efficiency and environmental protection.