Polytechnic University of Tirana



In the Academic year 1951, the Higher Polytechnic Institute (HPI) was established in our country. This date marks the beginning of Higher Education in Albania. At that period, three Directions were involved: Civil, Mechanical and Electrical. The first Rector of HPI was Prof. Zija Këlliçi. Later, other Faculties were set up in Albania and in 1957 they all founded the State University of Tirana.

In 1991, during the previous system, all the Engineering Faculties were regrouped and the Polytechnic University of Tirana (PUoT) was founded. 

In 2007, as a result of the reform initiated by the Albanian government for the reformation of the scientific research in Albania, the structure of Polytechnic University of Tirana changed and currently it consists of six Faculties and one Institution of Research and Development:
1. Faculty of Geology and Mining  
2. Faculty of Electrical Engineering    
3. Faculty of Mechanical Engineering   
4. Faculty of Mathematical Engineering and Physics Engineering 
5. Faculty of Construction Engineering   
6. Faculty of Architecture and Urban Planning
7. Faculty of Information Technology