Frederick Research Center
- to promote scientific research and science in general and to undertake and conduct research of basic and applied nature in various domains;
- to offer consulting services to individuals, business, organizations and the government;
- to encourage participation in research projects and development of research proposal;
- to coordinate and participate in the implementation of research projects; and
- to establish collaborations with other national and international research Centers and universities for the execution of research work.
FRC engages highly qualified academic/research staff with long experience in implementing independent and high caliber research and with rich publications record in peer-reviewed scientific journals. Numerous research projects have been carried out through FRC and part of their results have been presented in international scientific conferences, contributing to the dissemination and technology transfer. To facilitate this, FRC has a modern contemporary lab infrastructure and a Library with access to hundreds of relevant scientific, technology and business journals.
Furthermore, among the main aims of the Center is to support (financially or otherwise) students and researchers as well as to support the publication of books, reports and journals. To this end, the Center has close collaborations with Frederick University (FU) and Frederick Institute of Technology and often involves faculty members and students in project work and proposals.
In addition, FRC staff has developed closed collaboration with several public authorities, corporations, nonprofit organizations, universities and other educational institutes in Cyprus and abroad. The participation and involvement of research personnel in these collaborative networks ensures the increase of external funding for research projects at the Center.