Balkan Ideas Network for Sustainable Innovations in the Agro-Food Sector
|Priority axis||Enterpreneurship and Innovation|
|Specific Objective||Innovative territories|
|Call||1st Call for Project Proposals|
|Lead Partner||Chamber of Ilia|
Agency for Regional and Economic Development of Vratsa
Agricultural University of Tirana
Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Tirana
Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Vratsa
Region of Western Greece
The added value of the project is to cover strategic agro-food topic areas:
1) Agriculture/farming methods and techniques;
2) Product processing;
3) Packaging and marketing.
The project proposal answers to some of specific needs of the target areas: optimize the role of a key local activity like agro-food sector; face to the actual socioeconomical frame, conditioned by high unemployment rates, especially of young people; to increase SME's competitiveness with special reference to sustainable innovative models. To address such problems and needs identified, the project will produce some relevant outputs connected to the following three specific objectives:
1) Identifying, analyzing and sharing of existing agro-food best practices and innovative business models valorisation in the BMP area;
2) Transanational Cooperation Network between public/private research centers and local enterprises in order to improve SME's efficienty and adjustment capacity, with particular reference to the improvment of young innovators skills and business competences;
3) Raising awareness, transferring knowledge and fostering common understanding about the importance of sustainable business innovations in agro-food sector of BMP area.
The main outputs are:
1) The creation of Balkanet Transnational Network of agro-food SME's, research centers, public administrations and local stakholders mainly with the support of digital devices;
2) the transferring activities through best practices and innovative agro-food experiences and to foster commercialization, internazionalization and connections of local SMEs and their agrofood product/processes (Balkanet Innovative Agro-food Models BtoB meetings);
3) Focusing on civil society and local stakeholders to share project outputs and to promote a new model of sustainable socioeconomic growth (Transnational Balkanet agro-food Festivals).
The project approach (quadruple helix) is based on the development of joint analyses, methodologies and ICT services that favour an integrated transnational process. According to this Balkanet can secure critical mass, enhancing mobilisation capacity and innovation potential to overcame markets fragmentation.